EMS Software is looking for a Senior Development Operations Engineer who will aid us in the ongoing transformation of our product offering from an on-premise solution to one having a hybrid offering with a pure SaaS presence.
You will be at the center of a vital growth initiative.
You’ll join a company that serves 2,500 great organizations like Accenture, Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, Harvard and Yale University. Our customers have millions of people using our software to manage events, reserve spaces to meet, work and study; and to analyze and optimize their use of real estate.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, configure and maintain our CI/CD pipeline to support the scale of running several application stacks in the cloud that are consumed worldwide
- Design and develop cloud solutions for EMS Software applications that meet stringent high availability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Automate the deployment and maintenance of cloud platform technologies
- Help support production operations, log management, data warehousing, and database operations, including management of Splunk services
- Design, develop, configure and maintain all monitoring systems (IT, development, service management, Apdex) which support cloud operations
- Enforce consistency of monitoring, reporting, and alarming systems
- Help drive process improvements for service management, including: outage/incident management, rollbacks and reporting
- Research emerging virtualization techniques and advise management
- Perform capacity management, load and scalability planning
- Ensure compliance with deployment and operations documentation
- Assist management in development and optimization of operational cost models
- Build strategic and tactical plans for continued improvement of cloud architecture and operations
- Assist in the establishment of 24x7 performance monitoring and response protocols
- Provide on-call support outside of normal work hours/days when needed
- Help enable effective information security practices for EMS Software and the Cloud Operations team
- You’re driven, humble, and autonomous
- You’re a quick study, a strong communicator, and you’re able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- You have a working knowledge of Agile Development practices (e.g., SCRUM, TDD)
- You have the mindset of a developer, but are intrigued by the operational aspects of hosting developed solutions
- You’re an expert in Linux or Windows (IIS, SQL Server)
- You have at least 2 year of hands-on production experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure. This includes:
- Configuration of VPCs, with multiple Availability Zones. Experience with multi-region cloud deployments a huge plus
- Experience setting up, maintaining and monitoring global production environments, QA environments and staging environments, with a strong understanding of the differing needs of such environments.
- At least 6 months of experience in a professional production environment
- At least 6 months of experience managing networking infrastructure and monitoring at an application level
- You have performance optimization experience, including: troubleshooting and resolving network and server latency issues; performing hardware evaluation/selection tasks; performance vs cost vs time analysis
- You are devoted to automation and have strong prior automation experience
- You have at least 1 year of experience with automation or scripting tools (e.g., GO, Python, Shell, PowerShell)
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in an application development role (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go, etc.) or automation development role (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Shell, PowerShell, etc.).
- You have at least 1 years’ experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools (GitLab CI/CD, Terraform, Travis CI, AWS CodePipeline, etc.), and you have hands-on experience with building out and maintaining a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- You’re detail-oriented, with excellent documentation skills, and you’re someone who can successfully manage multiple priorities
- You have troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing hardware/software issues to large scale failures within a complex infrastructure
Other Things We Hope You Have
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Mongo, MS SQL Server, Windows Installation/Deployment, Splunk, Grafana, Terraform and Prometheus
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and GO.
- Hands-on experience with performance and information security testing
You will be part of a 6-person team of 4 DevOps/CloudOps Engineers, a Director of Cloud Operations, and a Technical Product Owner.
The larger team consists of 13 Developers, 10 Quality Engineers, 4 Product Owners, and 3 UX Designers. We have an open and collaborative environment where everyone works together to deliver what is needed, from product features to operations needs (e.g., health checks).
We value open and direct communication, taking calculated risks that will push us forward, and investing in our people.
- We have current Production and Continuous Integration footprints in Google Cloud (primary) and Azure
- We have a well-built CI/CD pipeline using Gitlab CI/CD that allows us to deploy and stand up customers on demand
- We leverage Ansible heavily, Splunk (JSON Logs) is our blood line and we enjoy operational efficiency and accessibility through Hubot and StackStorm
- Our front-end applications leverage React and React Native, Redux, Node, C#, and Knockout
- Our APIs comprises of Golang, .NET and .NET core
- Our back-end comprises of MS SQL Server