As a Security Cloud Transformation Project Manager for New Context, you will be expected to provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. On a daily basis you will be interfacing with our clients and other New Context team members while working from the New Context office, at client sites, or from your home. This position provides technical Project Management in order to develop and implement security policies for AWS cloud migration. We are seeking a hands on leader with both Systems Engineering capabilities and a track record of successfully leading security policy initiatives to fruition, preferably within the context of a professional consulting engagement.
Seasoned Project Manager
- 10+ Years experience within Software Engineering that has branched into Project Management
- Proven track record of guiding projects to successful completion, facilitating with engineering teams, core business units and other relevant stakeholders to ensure fulfillment of project milestones in a timely manner.
- Experience managing engineering teams, with a solid understanding of technical requirements and the ability to assign responsibilities to appropriate team members.
- Proactive leader who takes actions to remove blockers that may hold back Engineering efforts, in a way that is both effective, yet also respectful of client concerns and processes
- Possess solid organizational skills and ensure that detailed documentation occurs with reference to progress, resources, timeline, and changes to scope of work; communicating with proper documentation issues as they arise to our clients to prevent unnecessary delays in progress.
- Training in Agile Project Management methodology preferred
Security Expertise in the Cloud
- Experience architecting security policies within large scale enterprise environments
- Knowledgeable in compliance standards for AWS, Chef Compliance within AWS additionally
- Knowledgeable in topics such as: firewalls, scanners, OSSEC, Encryption, ID Federation
- Strong understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE/Sans Top 25
- Security credentials such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC etc. preferred
Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with external clients and customers
- Translate complex concepts to business customers
- Provide regular updates to relevant stakeholders on project performance
- Coordinate and enhance communication across teams
- Professional consulting experience is strongly preferred
Hands On Engineering Expertise
- In depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services cloud platform with specific knowledge of security policies for data migration. Knowledge in other public cloud platform security policies (such as Azure or Google Cloud) is preferred but not essential.
- Competent programmer, ideally with fluency in languages like Ruby, Python, Golang etc.
- Hands on cloud automation experience with Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt etc.
- Knowledgeable in Containerization Ecosystem with hands on usage of Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesosphere etc.
- Understands the importance of Test Driven Development in practice