As a Ruby on Rails Technical Lead at Nexmo on the Developer Experience team, your primary responsibilities will be to use a combination of insight and metric-driven decision making to support the needs of developers on the Nexmo API Platform. You’ll develop functionality for Nexmo Developer, and help enhance other tooling and contribute to a phenomenal overall developer experience.
You will be responsible for executing the development of Nexmo Developer and managing contributions from other team members and the open-source community. To give you an idea of the work you’ll be doing, one of our next significant challenges is internationalizing our documentation.
- Research & develop documentation best practices and tools used to implement Nexmo Developer
- Develop and maintain the front and back end of the Nexmo Developer codebase
- Integrate developer feedback continuously into your plans
- Work as part of the Developer Relations team to support the Product and Marketing teams and ensure the documentation is accurate in line with the positioning and branding of our products
- Encourage people across the Nexmo organisation and the developer community to contribute to Nexmo Developer
- Ensure ease of contribution to Nexmo Developer through implementing authoring requirements
Additional responsibilities may include
- Provide feedback on APIs, SDKs, documentation and product functionality:
- Using individual opinion and insight
- Via discussions with the developer community
- By organising and running beta/alpha trials
- Build and maintain open source quick start samples and apps
- Occasionally share knowledge regarding your work at Nexmo at events
- Provide support via social channels such as Twitter, StackOverflow the Nexmo Community Slack, and encourage issues to be raised on GitHub
- Support early adopters and key customers with integrations
- Help with recruitment through referral of strong technical candidates for roles at Nexmo
- Contribute to the development of libraries and tooling
- Two years experience of developing web applications with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Experience of contributing to open source projects
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Experience in building and using APIs
- Demonstrable knowledge of developer experience best practices
- Experience in managing open source projects
- Experience with Open API Spec / API Blueprint / RAML
- Experience with writing technical documentation
- Experience with Webpacker and one or more of the following; React, Vue, or Angular
- Continuous integration
Why Nexmo...our Values!
At Nexmo we value disruptive innovation, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally. We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. If this appeals to you, then we encourage you to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.