We are looking for an engineer with solid knowledge of Linux development/administration and practical experience with SaltStack to join a fast-paced, leading-edge configuration management team. Our experienced team of software developers and engineers do the server/application management and orchestration for one of the largest Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), supporting the biggest video, gaming and internet companies in the world. Our team builds software to image, manage, repair and upgrade the thousands of servers that make up the world-wide CenturyLink CDN network.
- Design, Implement and Maintain enterprise level, high-availability Configuration Management & Orchestration applications, in a Linux environment
- Build, and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable code in an Agile (CA/Rally) environment.
- Support large-scale deployments, across a world-wide network.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- 4+ years Professional Software Development
- 1+ years Professional SaltStack Development, in a Linux CentOS environment
- Relevant Enterprise experience with the fundamental design and implementation principles behind scalable, high-availability applications
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Practical experience with Test Frameworks and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Familiarity with GitLab
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Capistrano, Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Experience as a Sysadmin, and with Ruby, Python and other scripting a plus