Kubernetes Platform Architect
We are looking for a Kubernetes Platform Architect
- You are responsible for designing our Kubernetes-as-a-Service platform. But of course, you are not alone. We already have multiple cross-functional teams working on different parts of the platform and all team members are engaged in the product process.
- You work closely with one team and write user stories.
- You decide with the Product Owners what will be developed and when, and make strategic product decisions.
- You communicate a clear vision and help the team to prioritize.
- You participate in all development events (Daily StandUp, Planning, Retrospective, Reviews).
- You are also motivated by proactive stakeholder management (customer, PO’s, cross functional Dev Teams, other internal departments) and gather requirements, manage expectations and set priorities.
- You have at least 3 years of work experience in a tech driven environment and you know stuff about enterprise software, cloud, open source and distributed systems. You can tell us about your professional experience with kubernetes and infrastructure.
- You find the right tone for all stakeholders. Especially with our cross functional engineering teams you are available and engaged. (We are currently building a product where we put customer requirements into product requirements and stories which work for a multitude of customers).
- You can deal with being empowered to make decisions.
- You understand the market, product, business, and any constraints involved.
- You have an understanding of how our product is developed and delivered, you know a lot about agile methodologies but you don’t need to do everything according to the guide book.
- You fight for good UX as this is a huge part of our product.
- You are happy to work in a fast changing environment and adapt the way you work according to the current status of the company. We are operating in the evolving container ecosystem; the whole market is highly volatile.
- Not a must have but a major plus: You are able to start a cluster on one of our test installations and can install external-dns there, trying out a few settings as well as evaluating it for the roadmap story.
- Having worked with Kubernetes before is mandatory
- You have excellent English skills (our company language is English)
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe (around UTC), thus, your main timezone is somewhere between -2UTC to +2UTC to ensure better communication.
Why we think this Job is cool (challenge us!)
- With Giant Swarm you can have real impact on a successful product in an evolving market
- You are in love with a special topic? No problem. The way we organize ourselves into SIGs (Special Interest Groups) offers you the freedom of working on things you really love (UX, Security…)
- You get to work with the newest technologies. We are building a product with all the latest technologies and have been in the ecosystem since very early on
- Our interdisciplinary teams give you the opportunity to have all internal stakeholders closeby to ensure the best results.
- You don’t need to “manage” our external stakeholders.
We like to give you a glimpse at what working with is like:
Creative work needs freedom and openness. We encourage you to do your work wherever and whenever you want. We expect passion and encourage sustainability. If you need rest, take it. We don't count holidays - we count outcome.
Our ambitious goals are only achievable as a team. Everybody’s input is highly welcome and appreciated. Although sometimes rules and processes are necessary, we try to keep them as lean as possible. Always question the status quo and find new ways of collaboration and teamwork.
Learning is mandatory and fun at the same time. If you realize you want to expand your knowledge in a specific area, we support you with conferences, books etc.
We offer fair (transparent and open) salaries with benefits like choosing your own laptop, jobticket, coffee flat, mate etc.. And you will participate in our stock options program. Currently our team members have more children than we are employees. So family friendliness is a must.
We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :)
We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Larissa or apply directly.