Your new company
Your new company is a leader within the financial sector, have advanced IT technologies, and are based in Dublin city centre.
Your new role
Your new role is a 9 month initial contract. You will join an existing strong development team and play a vital part in the development of customer facing reporting applications using cutting edge technologies.
- Candidate must be comfortable with Response Web Design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a key.
- An additional 2 years working on complex medium to large projects in a fast paced financial environment.
- The position is based in Dublin and requires managing day to day delivery work, ensuring adherence to process and quality, and identifying project/program delivery risks and works on risk mitigation.
- This role requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources and applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- The candidate will be required to work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced with working with JSON based REST services delivered over HTTP.
- Experience with the following technologies advantageous:
- Qlik products such as QlikSense
- Server side Java with Tomcat/Spring Boot
- Basic familiarity with querying a relational database with SQL.
- Experienced with Windows and Linux. Comfortable with viewing and grepping logs on Linux.
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems Well versed with design standards and related frameworks.
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- Methodologies - Agile, Test Driven Development.
- Version Control Systems: Git
- Tools - Grunt, Jenkins, Bower and testing tools like JUnit, Jasmine, Cucumber / Gherkins.
- Able to work in distributed teams across multiple time zones.
What you'll get in return
You will gain exposure to the newest technologies, opportunity to work alongside a talented development team, and gain a competitive day rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Caitriona Lemass now on 01 5710015.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.