What's the team like?
We rely heavily on PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL and Node.JS, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
We are using technology to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire great people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into multi-functional teams that look after the investor, loan engine and borrower platforms, providing the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservices architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending
We use Domain Driven Design (DDD) to understand our partners and business to produce better outcomes. We use short iterations to make valuable contributions.
What you'll be doing
- Take part in daily stand ups
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Write unit and functional tests
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
What we’d need you to have
- As a mid-weight developer you will have a good knowledge across most (but not necessarily) all of the above technical areas.
- PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL, Node.JS (but don’t be put off if these aren’t your primary languages)
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns
- Good knowledge of REST
- MySQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes would be a bonus
- Test Driven (TDD). You will never say it’s ready until it’s been tested, documented and explained
- You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
It would nice if you:
- Have experience using DDD
- Have an active interest in finance or property and industry disruption
What you’ll get in return
- Vitality Health Insurance (This includes Private Medical, Subsidised Gym, Wellness)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Matched pension contributions up to 4%
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Various discounts via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Brown Bag and a lunch from a local restaurant every Friday
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available every single day